Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Crazy Days!

Hey girls!

OH MY GOSH!! What a crazy morning!

So today was my first day babysitting the new little boy here in Raleigh. I had to be there at 6:30...AM and stayed until around 8:45...well there's more too it but i'll get there! I got up at 5 this morning, because I just couldn't sleep and I had to be up at 5:45 anyways. I slept all last night with my head buried under my covers and pillows, because DID ANYONE SEE ONE TREE HILL?? Well, I did and when that gas station attendant was dead in the back, and then Q got shot...I was scared to death!

So anyways, I get up at 5, watch the news for a bit and then head out the door...or so I thought! I get to my car, and its so dark outside...so number 1 i'm scared, and number 2 I was already running late!!

As I went to get in my car, my key chains felt lighter, and my car key had been hanging off lately but of course I didn't do anything about it because "there's always later!" So my key dissapeared, and I couldn't find it anywhere...I kept my composure and went into my roommates room and that BRAVE girl let me borrow her car!

So anyways, I got there 2 minutes late and the mom was still there...which is weird because she said she would never be there when I got there, turns out she locked her keys in her car too!! She is such a nice person, and we talked about what great mornings we were having haha! While she was waiting for triple A, we watched Good Morning America, and she likes McCain/Palin '08!

When I met her yesterday, her son was a very talkative outgoing kid...really cute! Her townhouse is really cute too, and she gave me the code for the gym and pool in case my roommates and I ever wanna use it! How laid back!

Anyways, so this morning she left about 7:45 and it was just "J" and I! I kept trying to make conversation, but he wouldn't say much..maybe because it was 8 am and I looked like hell...probably scared the little guy!

Well, after he ate we got in my roommates car and I took him up the street to his bus stop. His mom likes us to walk, but please! I had to be back by 9 this morning so that I could get my roommates car back to her so she could get to class...I drove his ass to the bus stop!
As I drove in at 6:30am, I saw that there were a number of kids waiting for the bus,
...also a kid ran out in front of my car, and it was dark so did I see him, no!
Good thing he was a track star! haha!

So J told me that wasn't his bus stop, and that the place he waited there were no other kids! I had a hard time understanding that...because it was in an awkward spot! Well, its 8:15 and again I have to be back at school by 9 and the bus hasn't come...so I said J-man wheres the bus? He says "I forgot, its not coming today because I am going to the museum...and they are probably leaving soon!"

AHHHHHHH!!

So I said okay, wheres your school because his mom said he knew how to get there...and he wouldn't answer...so I asked again, and again, and again! Eventually we got back in the car and I called the school they weren't good with directions! OMG!

Anyways, so I pulled out the laptop and tried map quest, but it kept freezing! It was 8:20 at this point and I was like, "Why God, Why?!"

I asked if he knew anyone we could call and he said his dad, so we called his dad and got directions, I was just to flying down the road and J kept saying, I hope you have your seat belt on because I bet you've had speeding tickets! HAHA!...only 1 or 2!

So anyways, it was so chaotic and I felt so awful because I thought Lord they are gonna hate me, I have scared this poor, poor boy and he will never want me to come back! Well we got to his school by 8:30 and while he was getting out of the car, I was yelling "EXCUSE ME!" to this guy crossing the street, bc I needed directions, and FAST! J's eyes were the size of pineapples! So I quickly said "Bye J, have a wonderful day, make it better then our morning!" We "pounded it" and then he went inside!

The guy gave me directions, and I made it back to my house by 8:58!!

I thrive under pressure!

J's mom called me ab 10 mins ago and was so apologetic...I told her it was the other way around, I was so so sorry! She said she hoped I wouldn't quit...which I would never quit! Its a great job! I told her to blame the bus system because that's the easiest thing to do! So that's what we agreed to do!

I am hoping tomorrow will be better, I really want to get J a prize so that maybe we can renew the relationship we never had! Any ideas??

Thanks girls, i'll post more later! I am on my way to meet another family to babysit for!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a morning you had! My gosh! I've never been a sitter, but I am guessing that you could maybe take him a juice box and a cookie or something tomorrow. Kids like sweets, right?

Good luck tomorrow!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

oh gosh, i was a big fan of prizes when i nannied for the Cohn family... I would say if he likes to read go get him one of those little books that he can pack in his back pack, kids looooove those little superman and batman figurines from target, alot of them still love transformers and those things are cheap! and if hes really little, go get him a little cars set, they usually come with two of the characters in their little car forms...(I got them all at Target... for about 6 bucks)...

Molly said...

Oh my goodness what a day you had! Good for you, for muddling through and impervising. One Tree Hill broke my heart last night. Hmm I have no idea about your prize for J, made a game or something you think he'd enjoy just by being in his room and getting a feel for him.

Gracie Beth said...

I nannied for a kid one time that locked me and his newborn brother out of the house in December. I quit, because his mother thought that kind of behavior was cute.

Kate said...

Whoa! What a morning.

Have you seen the movie "One Fine Day"? Reminds me a little of that. Glad J made it to his field trip