Monday, October 20, 2008

Hey girls!

This weekend was so perfect in Salisbury! I went home on Friday right after class to get my hair done (finally!!) and I ended up going to my moms hair girl! She has done my moms hair for over 20 years, and she always does such a great job! I went to her with a picture of my favorite celebrity, Kelly Ripa, as I always do, and I told her I wanted my hair to be that color!
It turned out great, and I am so glad, it always makes such a difference to see my hair with nasty roots, and then freshly done! I always wear it in a low pony tail every day because I hardly have time to get myself ready for the day, and my hair just feels better up. So I was so glad to get that done, and then have the afternoon at home!

My parents worked in the yard all day Saturday and they did such a wonderful job, it looks great! My mom always has the greatest decorations in front of our house, and this year with all of the new flowers, and pine needles it just looks so good! She puts out so many pumpkins, and so many tasteful decorations!

I had so much school work to finish this weekend, and for some reason I get so much more done when I go home! I think I can focus better. I really need to try to go home less, but my roommates and I really love to go home every other week or so! They live an hour away, and I am just 2 hours away! It is such an easy trip, and I love seeing my family, and going to my church! It is great!

It is finally RING WEEK!!!! At Meredith, when junior year comes, we get an Onyx ring!! It is the biggest tradition, and I am so excited about it! We have a big dinner/party and our lil sis' come and sing, and then we get to just mingle and see friends...oh and GET AN ONYX! It is so great, because even working at News 14, I met a Meredith Alum because I recognized her Onyx on her finger, and we must have talked for an hour about Meredith and how wonderful it is. I cant wait to wear mine for years to come! I am sitting at a table with 10 of my closest friends, and it is going to be so much fun! I am going to wear a pink dress, and get a (mild) spray on tan! So many people are doing tanning beds, but I know that after Thursday, I will be as tan as the rest of them and look great! I am looking so forward to it! I have no problem admitting that one of my flaws is that I can be a tad vein when it comes to big dinner parties/any party. I have to make sure I do everything I can to look my best! I CARE (sometimes a little too much!)

On a complete other note, this weekend I sent off more information to various casting directors for auditions! Also, I e-mailed my pal (I wish!) Ben Stein who I mentioned I met a few weeks ago while working with the news. I asked if he remembered me, and he said he remembered me well, and was so glad I e-mailed him!!! How random, he remembered me!! I was so excited! He is going to help me figure out the best way to go about building my resume, and getting pictures, also help me get in contact with an agency! He is such a down to earth, nice man...I just think hes an angel!

I hope everyone is having a good week...I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! I have been reading though, and all of your blogs bring a smile to me each day! Thank you!

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

amanda said...

Oh my! Sounds like you've had a great week! I was at an all women's college before I transferred (Sweet Briar) and we also had the rings as juniors! Women's schools have tons of fun traditions! :) Hope you have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Salisbury! I went to Catawba for two years (and transferred out). I didn't like Catawba very much, but I did love Salisbury! Home of Elizabeth Dole!

Kate said...

I had some interesting comment to make but once I read about you meeting Panic at the Disco it went right out my head ;) Lucky girl!