Monday, November 24, 2008

Favorite Quotes

Hey girls!

I have been reading up on a lot of my favorite girly books lately since I know I will be getting more for Christmas.
I am going to list some of my favorite parts from each book that I think everyone should hear! They are such great quotes.

The first book is GRITS Friends Are Forevah

. "No one is better than I am, nor am I better than anyone else. Keep an open mind when meeting a new person. If you don't judge her before you know her, you may find the woman with the bad attitude, frizzy hair, and moth-eaten coat could be your new best friend".

. "No GRITS worth her mothers china would ever leave the house without being ready to face the world. Look presentable".

. "A Southern lady wont praise herself, but her GRITS girlfriends will praise her to the skies".

. "If you're too busy to make friends, honey, you're too busy for life"!

. "Southern Pearls don't sweat, we glisten"!

. "My mother is so southern, she has all these sayings like 'The blonder you are, the better you look!' "
-Reese Witherspoon

. "We Southerners don't sit around feeling sorry for ourselves-if we did, we'd never have come through war, racial tension, and the occasional losing football season to be the wonderful region that we are- we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start over FRESH".

. "I think the giggle of a Southern girl could just about charm the bark off a pine tree".

. "Livings not about the things we can do, its about the people we love".

. To those who have received honors, awards, and distinctions, I say well done! And to the C students, I say that you, too, may someday be President of the United States".

. More to come...I have to go to class.