Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Hey Y'all!

Oh wow, today has just started out wonderful!

As you know, when I get bored I apply for jobs haha, so I applied for this job last Tuesday at a CPA firm in Raleigh. It appeared to be very professional, and the dress was checked on the sheet as: professional(!! my suits won't go to waist after this internship is over!!) , and it was just the most perfect position!

So, I sent my resume, and cover letter which never let me down (thank the Lord in Heaven!) and 15 minutes later I got a phone call at work.

I interviewed this morning at 10 and stayed until 11:30 talking tennis, and politics with everyone in the place! The absolute sweetest, most personable group of people I have ever met! I first met with the cutest lady in the world, 62 year old Daisy! She and I will be working together be it that I get hired, and she is just the nicest person! She told me that she thinks her granddaughter and I look alot alike, and asked if I was a natural blonde. This absolutely made her one of my favorite people, as my hair was darkened and I keep thinking its brown! What an angel!

I wore my banana Republic black and white tweed suit with pearls and my sunglasses proudly on my head (people say don't do this but it compliments me) I thought it was funny as I was walking I looked at myself in the window to make sure I was lookin good (don't we all, c'mon girls don't lie!) I realized that I posed a striking resemblance to Lindsay Lohan in the Parent Trap when she arrived at summer camp in her suit hahaha!! Too funny!

Then, I met the CPA's themselves who were intimidating at first, but then I got used to them and found out one of them is an avid tennis player!

I then met the office manager who was from New Orleans and we both went to Catholic schools, I was only supposed to talk to her for 5 minutes, but we talked for 30 about everything under the sun!

They said they have more interviews but they will decide soon, and I am just hoping and praying because their firm is very small, in an office building, and they are like a big family! I also love the professional environment, and I cannot say that enough! I am supposed to interview for a babysitting job tomorrow, but girls I think that this CPA job is irresistible! I really think it will look nice on my resume, as well as provide an excellent learning environment for me to work in with little to no yelling, and criticism!! Thats a huge plus because I don't like criticism.

Last night, E came over again and my roommates and I all had wine and talked for hours and hours, then my roommate and I decided to make macaroni and cheese at 3am. We were so hungry for some reason, and just not tired! Those nights to me are the most memorable, and so much fun!

In other news, I love my GRITS books, as you know! Well I e-mailed Deborah Ford, the author the other day about the GRITS clubs, and she e-mailed me back and we have a phone call on Monday to discuss starting clubs around NC, so if you girls are interested let me know and I will keep you all posted on here! I am so excited to talk to her, she is an amazing author, and honestly a celebrity!! Hello, she wrote the book I keep beside my bible! LOVE being a GRITS!

I hope you all have a great Thursday, and if you are taking exams best of luck!

5 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

you should check out "What Southern Women know about Flirting" by Ronda Rich. Best "how-to"/etiquette/lifestyle book I've read in a long time. Oh so good!

Don't know about you, but I like the British twin waaay more in the newer Parent Trap (along with the Boston one in the orig). So much more prim!

kHm

Lulu said...

I hope you get that job, that would be awesome!!

Keep us updated on the GRITS thing..how neat!!

Suzanne said...

Congrats on your successful interview!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on such a great interviewing process!! Whoo-hoo!

We'll say a prayer to the Job Seeking Poohbahs that you get the position if it is something you want!

tp

Mosaic Paisley said...

I LOVE Deborah Ford's books! I have them all! You should check out "The Southern Belle's Handbook: Sissy LeBlanc's Rules to Live By" by Loraine Despres! It's so cute!