Thursday, October 29, 2009

God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good!

Hey girls!

Normally, I dont speak publically about my Religion, politics, or other things, but today I just have to!

These past few weeks have proved to be quite the challenge! I love my life, but sometimes, it gets to be a lot with school work, Cornhuskin' (Meredith's homecoming, im dancing with my friends!), ect...

Well, this afternoon, I was looking at all that I had ahead of me for the next few weeks...and I just lost it! I just got to the point where I was beyond overwhelmed, tired, and stressed! After about an hour of feeling absolutely hopeless, and worn out, I decided to pray! Yes, I know, it should take a matter of seconds to realize this, buttt, I try to do it all by myself sometimes! BAD IDEA!
All of the sudden, as I started to pray, I just felt this peace come over me. Sobbing, I just kept praying that I could get all of my stuff done, and my energy back! Well, then I turned on iTunes, and one of my many favorite Christian songs, "Savior, Please" (if you haven't heard it, you should! Its beautiful!) was playing!!
I spent about 30 good minutes in serious prayer, and made a to-do list of all that I had to accomplish in the next few days. Right after I finished, I felt so much better!

I sometimes forget to pray like I should, but each time that I pray, I remember why its the right thing to do! Nothing is better than faith! I need to remember that God didnt put me here for me to show him my plans, and when I get overwhelmed, I just have to give it up to God. I have been trying to take on a lot lately, and I do things my own way without any help. I clearly see now, that was an awful choice, and sometimes I just need to slow down, and let God take control, it saves me a lot of time, and confusion! SO much less stressful!! :)

Back when I did TWAM (Teens With A Mission) we always said "God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good! I could not agree more! From now on, I just have to step aside and let God take control, it always turns out 10 times better than I planned!

I just wanted to write this down and share!

Have a great Thursday! Any good Halloween Costume ideas?!?!

4 comments:

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I agree with everything you've said! God is GOOD, all the time! I don't pray like I should either, but He's always there when I am in need. I need to pray all the time and not just when I am in need of something though.

QueenBeeSwain said...

PPG- this was a beautiful post and a great reminder to all of us- I try every night while falling asleep to thank God for what is good in my life, but seldom do I actually pray like you described- and just like you- when I do, it feels so good and like there's direction back in my life. I'm going to take time to do so this weekend JUST BECAUSE you were sweet enough to remind us all to do so! thank you so much!

I told my sis about your white trash barbie costume from last year and I think she's going as that. Kelly Ripa would probably be super-simple for you to do! what about a black cat- black leggings, black mini, black tank, kitty ears and tails- face paint whiskers and maybe do some pink accesories?! I'm going as a Brownie- my sash from 1st grad still (inappropriately!) fits!

have too much fun this weekend :)

kHm

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

Oh, that good Presbyterian Faith you have, keep praying it is working!!!!!!!!

prashant said...

pray like I should either, but He's always there when I am in need. I need to pray all the time and not just when I am in need of something though.
Work from home India