Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Resolution's!


I came across my blogpost from 2014 on TimeHop today, and it got me so excited to pick new resolutions for the 2015 year! Looking back on what I wrote was a lot of fun. It was interesting to see how I (as everyone does) have changed as a person over just the last year!

This year has been a whirlwind- another big move, another big job, new friends, new "family" away from family, and new goals. I have changed, and grown (or not in certain areas) so much as a person. I still have a long way to go, but it's fun to look back, and move forward into a new year.

A bad habit i'm going to break:

I  would say picking my nails...but then i'd be lying...then i'd have to break 2 habits.

I'm probs not breaking any habits this year. 

A new skill i'd like to learn:

I would love to learn sign language. I think it would open up a whole new form of communication. That would be fabulous!  

also- I would love to learn how to relax. It's not in my nature. 

A person I hope to be more like:

Jesus

...and Jimmy Fallon. (we're both kind of out there) 

A good deed i'm going to do:

As Kathy Lee Gifford once said "I love to talk, but the real truth is, I love to listen too!"

I want to really BE there for people. Whether it be a family member, friend, or even a complete stranger I want to BE there. I never want anyone to come to me without leaving laughing, or with a smile. Life is too short to be anything but funny/happy.

We're all brothers and sisters making it through this crazy journey we call life together. Plenty of people have been there for me, even over the smallest of issues. This year, I want to make it my year to be aware of everybody, and be there to listen and help. Caring about others, doing for others, and living a life of service is what the Bible says it's all about.

A place i'd like to visit:

Over the course of my short 26 years of life, I have moved 9 times. My family has stayed in my hometown, but I have personally moved 9 times. 7 of those times were within my home state of North Carolina, but then I took on New York City. My biggest adventre has been over the last year, living in Ohio. I have tried to visit every small town within this state!

I love small towns, they are the heart and soul of America, and the people in each small town I have seen have been incredible. Truthfully, if I could visit my favorite small town- it would be Wrightsville Beach. I absolutely love it there.

I don't care about going overseas, or even across the country...I just want to surround myself with the beauty of a small town...preferably with a "Gilmore Girls" like gazeebo, and people who treat you like a member of their sweet "small town"family when you walk by. Specifically, Bellville Ohio has bee a favorite so far. Their gazeebo was gawwgeous.

(Thanks to Garden & Gun Magazine for so many great small town attractions) So many ideas, and places to go.)

 So, small town America- i'm comin' for ya!

A book i'd like to read:

Well, y'all know I already discovered the miracle that is "Garden & Gun Magazine". I could read each issue over, and over, and over, and...okay you get the picture! :)

Truly, I would love to read another etiquette book. I have been collecting them since I was 12. Over 72 books grace my shelves, all highlighted and marked in throughout to present my favorite parts. I love to learn abut etiquette, manners, and social graces. I also read medical dictionaries for fun...maybe I drop that habit, and start reading more of the New York Times. No, it's not a book- but it is informative, and Chuck Bass reads it. ;)

A letter i'm going to write: 

This letter. I want to get back into blogging. It's the greatest outlet. It is so nice to write, and come back to read it a year later.

Also, I need to write those bajillion thank you notes for all of my Christmas gifs. I need to get on that. Stat.

A new food i'd like to try:

Antelope or Zebra. I've heard great things!

I'm going to do better at:

Living a life of faith and service. Not worrying about what the future holds, and truly putting my life in God's hands. I want to smile and laugh more every day! Life is good baby, and way to short. I don't want to delay the happy by dwelling on the past, or fretting about the future. The present is pretty great! I am going to do better at embracing each day, and making it my best day yet.

 Happy New Years Eve, y'all!

No comments: