Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th

Hey girls!

I hope y'all had a good 4th!

Every year my whole family and a bunch of friends go to our lake houses for a big party! We go to 3 different places for fireworks by boat and it is so much fun!! C came down around 8, met everyone, and did fireworks with the family! Also there were a few people my age that were so much fun, and we all just snuck mixed drinks out of the liquor cabinet all night, it was the 4th of July thats as good of an excuse as any!

My aunt had a beach music DJ come and play by the pool but after about 30 minutes it started to POUR down rain!! The poor caterer did such a great job setting up all of the food outside but we got it all moved in before it got too wet. She did the coolest thing, she took a watermelon and made it into a basket with Sangria in it! It was really pretty! When we got inside, we had like 40 people in the den...HAHA then the DJ turned into an Elvis Impersonator...it was HILARIOUS! He was so weird!
Once we got settled inside, he serenaded every woman there...he sung me the song "Are you lonely tonight?" and then he was like "based on your look sweetheart probably not", my jaw dropped and then I couldn't stop laughing! C was like woah buddy, move on! He drove up in one of those vans that literally either a pedophile, or a criminal drives, it had graffiti all over it!
I'm surprised it didnt say "free candy" or something, it was ugly!
I was dying when he drove up because he almost hit a tree, and then when he got out his mirror fell off the car, real pretty!
It was so funny!

Then he sung to my Nana and said "Honey I heard it was your birthday, (it wasn't her birthday!) For a second I thought Elvis was gonna turn stripper on us!
So sketch!!

He apparently does this at a lot of parties and he gave us all a copy of his latest album. Ill be sure to put it on repeat as soon as possible...

It kept pouring all night long, but we still managed to get on the pontoon and go see fireworks! It was so pretty on the water, I just love taking boat rides at night.

I love holidays with the whole family!

After all of the Holiday festivities, I went to Raleigh to paint my room in the house! I ended up ordering a huge monogram wall mount for my headboard, and I have white furniture and the Lilly Pulitzer "Via Minzer" bedding.
My colors are pink, green, and white. I went and bought tons of white picture frames and I am going to hang at least 20 pictures all over the wall and then hang a shelf for all of my etiquette books! I am so excited to move in! Our landlords (and also my assistant tennis coach at MC) gutted the house and re-did everything! They did the best job, it all looks so much better!

ALSO!! The other day I started my first demo tape with WBTV! My reporter friend, the one that I have known forever filmed me talking about the murder of my neighbor downtown!

I will post a picture of the house, and Elvis.




































Have a great Sunday girls!





4 comments:

Kiss My Tiara said...

hi! i was wondering where you bought your wall sized monogram? it's exactly what i have been wanting for my room at school! thanks in advance! :)

Bayliss said...

hey girl,
Its sara c. from school, I got a new blog if you want to check it out!

Kate said...

You look so professional in that last photo :)

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad you had a nice 4th of July weekend!