Sunday, December 14, 2008

YIKES!

Hey girls!

Wow! What a week it has been! I have been up until 3 am for the past 3 days, and I am sooo tired! When I get tired, I get a tad bit more outspoken and rude then usual! It hasn't been pretty today haha!
The first night I got home, it was around 10 and I just unpacked forever! There is a lot going on around home right now and I am I think just overwhelmed. Its okay though because its Christmas and everything is always okay at Christmas time!
The second night, I stayed up with some friends who were home and watched Christmas movies until I just couldn't watch anymore...so much fun! Last night, I went out riding golf carts with a nice glass of wine and my friends. We always ride so late and don't even realize it! (Can you girls tell I live in a small town with limited options on things to do!)

Tonight is the big High School youth group party that my mom throws every year! It is so much fun, well it used to be for me. I actually am staying upstairs for this one, although we did spend much of yesterday and today cleaning house and it looks fantastic! She did such a great job, as always! She has been throwing this shindig since I was in the 9th grade, and it starts with dinner, then the youth goes caroling around my neighborhood (haha always a thrill...not!) After they carol, they come back and do a gift draw, and some of the gifts are hilarious! It used to just be one of my favorite nights of the year.

Also, I know this is probably so sac-religious but it is so worth mentioning!!

So we have this sweet pastor at our church, hes absolutely wonderful with the old and the sick of our congregation, and he does well in the pulpit. So today, he was leading the Pastoral Prayer, and he says " We pray for all of the sick and the poor throughout our country today. (Here we go!) Also, we pray for the stampeding at Wal-Mart, and the shootings at...Toys R Us."

Okay, all of that is very, very sad! This poor man though, talks about as slow as a turtle walks! In Mexico on our mission trips, we had a joke that if we asked him what the day had in store, it would be over by the time he got an answer out! Very slow, slow talker! He is truly a great preacher though and I probably shouldn't have told that story. It was just so funny though, how slow and serious he could say the words Wal-Mart and Toys R Us! My sister and I were dying laughing, and my mother was none to happy, she was actually down front serving communion, but oh did she see our faces trying to hold back! I bet if we had busted out laughing she would have been almost as unhappy as she was when I wore my monogrammed strapless dress last Easter Sunday...I will never forget her looking at me and saying "not in my pew!" Granted it was a little cold, and I was coming from Lake Norman with my friends, I should have gotten a sweater. Y'all all know that Southern Mommas have their rules! Her facial expressions are always absolutely priceless, and she never gets angry.

Okay, back to the last few days! I have been printing off my resume and cover letter and sending them to over 30 stations that I found on this great media website. I am asking that they just keep me in mind for the future because my advisor says this is always a good idea, I sure hope he's right! I am so excited to see the plan that's in store for me! I think I am gonna love where I am at in 5 years career wise if I can just stick with it!

Well, I will post again soon! Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

That's too funny about the strapless dress thing - my Mom would have a stroke!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like you have been crazy busy! Hope you have a great week!!