Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Venus In Fur


Hey girls!
SO freaking excited for this upcoming weekend!
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was Carrie Matheson/CD's stand in/double this past season on "Homeland"
Occassionally, I would have the privilege of talking to CD about many different things, but I remember one day having a conversation about NYC. It was always very neat to talk with her, and everyone in the cast and crew! Such fabulous people, being around that every day, and being a part of it was an incredible experience! I am so ready for Season 2!
CD told me that her husband, HD, is doing a Broadway Play in the City called Venus In Fur!
Of course, I have to see it! Thats my Christmas gift from "Santa" this year, haha! A trip to NYC and tickets to this play! SO excited! Last year, I saw "Mamma Mia", "9 To 5", and "Mary Poppins"! This year, Venus In Fur! Very much looking forward to it, Broadway is amazing.
I am going up this weekend to see the CHRISTMAS TREE, and visit my NYC '09 crew, and of course to see the play! I am so thrilled! It will be such a great play, my friend U is going with me!
2 reviews that stood out to me;
"VENUS IN FUR has TASTE, STYLE and A FLAWLESS CAST. NINA ARIANDA lives up to her growing and richly deserved legend, and HUGH DANCY is HILARIOUS."

- New York Magazine
"A SMART, SEXY, HILARIOUS COMEDY by DAVID IVES, meticulously directed by WALTER BOBBIE. NINA ARIANDA delivers A STAR-MAKING PERFORMANCE that people will be talking about for years to come. HUGH DANCY is SMASHING."

- Vogue
I am so so excited to see this play, and be back home in the City! NYC is my favorite place, I have so missed living there! It will be so good to be back there, and I LOVE seeing Broadway plays!
I'll post after I see it!
Its also my friend D's 21st Bday this weekend, I am thrilled to be up there to celebrate with everyone! Can it be Friday NOW?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a nice site .I am so so excited to see this play,